- Experimental Study of the Dynamic Response of a Ten-Story Reinforced Concrete Frame with a Tall First Story.
- Healey, T. J.; Sozen, M. A.
National Science Foundation, Washington, DC.,
- Identifying Number(s)
- ['STRUCTURAL RESEARCH SER-450', 'UILU-ENG-78-2012']
- This report documents the experimental work and presents the response data obtained in three earthquake simulation tests of a ten-story reinforced concrete frame. Changes in the dynamic properties of the test structure, such as apparent frequencies and equivalent damping, are discussed. Observed maximum lateral displacements are compared with those obtained from modal spectral analysis.
- Dynamic structural analysis; Dynamic response; Ground motion; Buildings; Earthquake engineering; Earthquake resistant structures; Cracking (Fracturing); Earthquakes; Reinforced concrete; Stress strain diagrams; Seismic waves