- Scale Relationships of Concrete Beam-Column Joints.
- Philleo, P. R.; Abrams, D. P.
National Science Foundation, Washington, DC.,
- Identifying Number(s)
- STRUCTURAL RESEARCH SER-8301
- Results are presented of a study undertaken to investigate the ability of reduced-scale models of reinforced concrete beam-column joints to predict the response of large-scale prototypes. Data from tests of large-scale (3/4 scale), medium-scale (1/4 scale), and small-scale (1/12 scale) specimens were compared. Comparisons were based on the strength, stiffness, and energy dissipation characteristics exhibited by the hysteretic load-rotation relationship of each test specimen.
- Dynamic response; Tests; Scale (Ratio); Earthquake engineering; Beams (Supports); Loads (Forces); Joints (Junctions); Reinforced concrete; Columns (Supports); Structural analysis; Predictions