- Computed Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Coupled Shear Walls.
- Takayanagi, T.; Schnobrich, W. C.
National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C.,
- Identifying Number(s)
- ['STRUCTURAL RESEARCH SER-434', 'UILU-ENG-76-2024']
- The nonlinear response history and failure mechanism of coupled shear wall systems under dynamic loads and static loads are investigated through an analytical model. The walls and coupling beams are replaced by flexural elements. The stiffness characteristics of each member are determined by inelastic properties. The suitable hysteresis loops to each constituent member are established to include the specific characteristics of coupled shear wall systems. The computed results are compared with the available test results.
- Dynamic response; Buildings; Earthquake engineering; Hysteresis; Loads (Forces); Earthquakes; Shear walls; Walls; Nonlinear systems; Stiffness methods; Dynamic structural analysis