- Dynamic Stiffness of Rectangular Foundations.
- Dominguez, J.; Roesset, J. M.
National Science Foundation, Washington, DC. Div. of Advanced Environmental Research and Technology.,
- Identifying Number(s)
- ['R78-20', 'MIT-CE-R78-20']
- The Boundary Element Method is used to determine the dynamic stiffnesses of rectangular foundations resting upon or embedded within an elastic half-space. The effects of mesh size and relaxed versus nonrelaxed boundary conditions are investigated for square surface foundations. The static stiffnesses and the frequency dependent stiffness coefficients are then obtained as a function of the aspect ratio for rectangular foundations. Solutions for embedded foundations are obtained and results showing the effects of the embedment ratio are presented.
- Dynamic response; Ground motion; Earthquake engineering; Foundations; Soil structure interactions; Soil dynamics; Finite element analysis; Earth movements; Boundary value problems; Seismic waves